Thursday, February 14, 2013

COMEDIANS IN CARS GETTING COFFEE


If you are reading this, you like cars. You didn’t just come to maineautomall.com to buy a car; you took the extra step to see what was up with this blog, to see what’s up with cars. I like cars, too. I have always been intrigued by the mechanics of the automobile, but mostly I just love the feel and freedom of cruising down the open road; the sensual experience of man and machine.

I am envious of celebrities who have the resources to buy and drive whatever they want. I’m not talking about those that buy status symbols, but those that truly know and love what they drive. I am especially jealous of people like comedians Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld. They are not driving to be seen, they buy and drive for the pleasure of the vehicle. If I had their resources I would do exactly the same thing.

Seinfeld in known for his fleet of Porches: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Seinfeld#Car_collection

Leno owns and drives a little of everything: http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/

Whether or not you like Seinfeld or Leno as comedians, you have to love their cars. I happen to like both comedians, and I love Seinfeld’s new internet show, COMEDIANS IN CARS GETTING COFFEE.


So basic a concept: pool together comedy, cars and conversation, and capture them on video. It’s Seinfeld and funny guys like Ricky Gervais (my favorite segment), Carl Reiner w/ Mel Brooks (enlightening) and Larry David (clever), driving all over New York City and Los Angeles, stopping to eat and drink coffee. Each episode is unique in location, guest and car. While the humor is entertaining, the real attraction to me is the cars themselves. You get to drive along with Jerry in a different car for each show.

Check out the line-up:
1952 VW BUG, 1960 ROLLS ROYCE SILVER CLOUD, 1962 VW BUS, 1963 VW KARMANN GHIA, 1966 PORCHE DUTCH POLICE CAR, 1967 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000, 1970 MERCEDES 300SEL, 1970 DODGE CHALLENGER TA, 1970 MERCEDES 280 SL, 1976 TRIUMPH TR6.










It’s not just a car nut like me watching these 10 cars, I mean episodes, it’s successful enough for Sony to order another 24 new shows. That means 24 new cars. Not only is the show funny, but it’s a great way to tour through the various neighborhoods of NY & LA, in cars that you will never get to drive on your own. Live vicariously through Seinfeld, and enjoy the ride.
MaineAutoMall.com Auto Blog

Promote Your Page Too

3 comments:

Jack Smith said...

Brake pads are prone to lot of pressure and friction and so wear out easily. Inspecting the wear indicator lets us know the condition of the brake pads.Automotive Brake Pads Manufacturers

Unknown said...

It is interesting stuff about these two comedians and I think that I should visit the complete webpage to get more funny stuff like this.
national auto transport quotes , auto transport quotes , free auto transport quotes

chill said...

However, if your destined location is in a rural area away from main highways, cost of shipping car will increase because of additional miles and gas consumed. autotrucktransport