Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reach for the Sky

Amy Bouchard of Isamax Snacks, the Whoopie Pie Lady, was in the other day. She proudly drives a Saturn Sky with the license plate that says, WHOOPIE. Little did I know that when I wrote this blog two years ago, the the Sky (and Saturn) would end production and it would become a collector's car. The Sky showed well then, and still looks great today.



I fell in love the other day.

A friend of mine came in and told me about her, “Go look!”

She belonged to someone else, but she was beautiful.

She had sleek, flowing lines.

Some say that she is fast, other’s say she is a little slow.

I don’t care what they say.

She is compact, perfectly formed, and looks good wearing her top either way.

I have seen her sister many times, but this was my first time with her.

It was well worth the wait.

But it was destined to be love from afar. She drove off without me.

She left without even a flash.

Another love lost.

Now just a fond memory, but I finally got to see, close-up, the Saturn Sky.



The Sky is a great design achievement for GM. It shows well from every angle, and in my opinion, is much better looking that its sister, the Pontiac Solstice. I spoke with the owner of this Sky, and she could not be happier. She has owned it for 9,000 joy filled miles, just now starting her third summer. I did not have the courage to ask for a ride, but she says that it is great around town, and at speed on the highway. In fact, she drives it regularly to and from Connecticut in total comfort. I congratulated her on her good fortune, and let her know of my envy.

The Saturn Sky, well worth a look, even if it is love from afar. Love the Sky!


MaineAutoMall.com Auto Blog

Promote Your Page Too

No comments: